So I may have waited until the last minute on this one, but I feel that if I didn’t nominate Dallas for the MozCation, I would be doing our city a disservice. As the current president of the DFW SEM, I know that our members would love to hang out with the Mozzers. I’m also pretty sure that the Mozzers will enjoy the warm weather and sunshine that we have in June. So on behalf of the DFW SEM, I present the reasons why it is a must for a MozCation in Dallas.
Dallas Has The DFW SEM
- We have hundreds of members and attendees to our monthly meetings who are very passionate about online marketing. See the video below for a sneak peek into our organization. We were founded in 2003 making us one of the oldest SEM groups in the country! Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- We love SEOmoz and SEOmoz loves us
- Gillian, aka SEOmom, spoke at our September 15th, 2010 meeting, but we want more Moz action!
- We know how to have great parties and events.
- Pubcon came to Dallas in 2010 and we hosted the biggest party in town that was enjoyed by all who attended.
- We have also sponsored many other events and work closely with other local organizations such as the Social Media Club, IMA, AMA, IABC, AIGA, AAF, and many others. Most recently we all partnered to raise over $10,000 for victims of Japan’s recent crisis.
- We feature the best and the brightest at our meetings. Recent speakers include:
Other Reasons for Dallas
Besides the community of SEOs that we have, Dallas offers much more.
If you haven’t heard, we have a great basketball team led by the world’s greatest basketball player. Not to mention, we have the biggest and best football stadium in the world. We also have great hockey, baseball, soccer and horse racing. If you don’t like the pro sports, we have many minor league teams too!
Texas is very business friendly. In fact, there are more corporations based in Texas than any other state. There are 20+ Fortune 500 companies headquartered in Dallas alone (yes, the now infamous JCPenney included). The Financial Times even did a piece recently about how awesome Dallas is.
Don’t just take my word for it, here are a few reasons that others love Dallas.